Monday, May 18, 2009

Magic Pills

Charles was taking magic pills today. The magic pills allowed him to assume other forms of being temporarily. In the past, he had assumed the forms of a paramecium, a supernova, an ant and a grizzly bear. Today, he was going to assume the being of the Sun.
“Today I’m going to turn into the Sun,” he told his roommate.
“Great. I’ll get my sunglasses out.”
Charles took the pills. His roommate came back into their living room wearing sunglasses.
“Whoa man, you’re really bright.”
“I know. I’m looking out on the street. Notice how nobody looks at me.”
“Well what does this mean? I mean, when you go out, is everyone else going to die? Don’t they rely on you for their survival?” Charles opened up their window and shouted down onto their street, “Bow down before the sun for he rules all. You worthless human beings are all just drops of dust compared to me.”
A couple people stopped in their tracks and gaped up at Charles.
“They better watch out!”
“Blindness awaits you.”
“What am I? Am I the moon if you are the Sun?”
“Hardly. You’re Mercury.”
“What are you going to do, now that you’re the sun?”
“I’m going to do what I am meant to do—nurture all living things.”
“I suppose I’m supposed to make a delivery or something.”
“My powers are reaching their max. I could burn a hole through that wall if I wanted to.”
Charles walked around his apartment a little while longer. He decided to go outside and beam on everyone. Never mind that it was already a sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment