Monday, May 18, 2009

Ted

Ted was cleaning up puke on his bathroom floor. There were still guests over. It was 1:35 AM. Music was playing loud. And Ted was thinking about how he didn’t deserve to clean up this puke. He wasn’t the one who puked. It was his apartment. But then he realized he had a girl at the party that still wanted to sleep with him at the end of the night. Nothing could take that away from him.
He heard the buzzer ring, and since there was no intercom, and since he was drunk, and since there was still a party going on, he buzzed in whoever was at the door.
Rory walked in, saw Ted in the bathroom, said, “Yo man, you mind if I take a leak?” and stood over the toilet. Ted moved back and stayed in the bathroom as Rory urinated.
“Rory, what are you doing?”
“My original plan was to do this in your bed so I hope you’re happy.”
“What?” “I was over at Luther’s. I thought I was going home, but I missed my stop, and had to walk back from even further away, and I really had to go, and your place was on the way, and I knew you were having a party so…”
“Who told you I was having a party?”
“I don’t know, Luther I think.
“That bastard.”
“Look your party looks like it was pretty awesome. Are there any drunk girls here?”
“Yeah, on the deck, smoking.”
“Think I’ll go have one myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment