Monday, May 18, 2009

On the Other End

Ireena: (sarcastically) Oh my God I just got a voice mail from that boy.
Penelope: Who Rory? You should check it.
Ireena: (dials for her voice mail) You know exactly what he’s going to say.
Penelope: What, that he wants you, but in too many words?
Ireena: Every boy is the same.
Penelope: No they’re not, everybody’s different. Maybe there’s, I don’t know, broad personality strokes across the gender, but individually, they all have their own quirks.
Ireena: (listening) Why can’t their quirks be good though?
Penelope: Do you think your quirks are positive?
Ireena: Yes! And guess what he said? (imitates Rory) Uh hey, Ireena, it’s Rory, uh, if you’re not doing anything tonight, uh, my friend Luther and I, uh, are going out to a bar, uh, and I don’t know, uh, maybe you’d want to meet up, uh?
Penelope: That is so exciting!
Ireena: I’ll go if you go with me.
Penelope: I don’t know…if Ted calls I might have to go hang out with him.
Ireena: Why are you so concerned about your professional demeanor? You said you’re not going to stay there forever…
Penelope: It’s really hard to stand next to somebody for eight hours and just tell them coffee orders all day without appearing to be slightly off-kilter NOT ONLY because you’ve just slept with them BUT ESPECIALLY because you didn’t return their phone calls.
Ireena: Okay, you win.
Penelope: Are you hungry at all?
Ireena: No, but we should have at least something before we go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment